The Chicago Apple User Group is very proud to bring Bert Monroy to our meeting on Wednesday, August 3, 2011, starting at 7:00 p.m. He will be showing us his latest creation, Times Square. We’ll be meeting at Digital Bootcamp, 25 West Hubbard, 2nd Floor, Chicago, IL 60654.
Bert is in the Photoshop Hall of Fame, and describes Times Square on his web site:
“This is the largest image I have ever created, pushing the boundaries of the software and hardware as far as they can go. It was unveiled at the Photo Plus Expo in New York on October 28, 2010 as a work in progress. A 25 foot light box was constructed to display the piece that has been printed on a new material being introduced by Epson.
• The image size is 60 inches by 300 inches.
• The flattened file weighs in at 6.52 Gigabytes.
• It took four years to create.
• The painting is comprised of almost three thousand individual Photoshop and Illustrator files.
• Taking a cumulative total of all the files, the overall image contains over 500,000 layers.”
Visit http://www.bertmonroy.com/timessquare/timessquare.html to zoom in on this 6.5 GB file
The Chicago Apple User Group brings Bert Monroy to Chicago
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
Starting at 7:00 p.m.
25 West Hubbard, 2nd Floor
Chicago, IL 60654
The event is open to the public. Bert’s visit is made possible by the members of the Chicago Apple User Group.